Welcome to the SF Community InSight Project!

Share your ideas about how to make San Francisco greener & healthier.

How can we make your home or neighborhood greener and healthier?

make environmental science a high school graduation requirement

I think the city should make the San Francisco Unified School District make environmental science a high school graduation requirement to educate our youth on environmental concerns and ways to be more green

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ryan gillryan gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a junior at Abraham Lincoln High School and I agree with this suggestion I believe if you want to change anybody’s habits you have to educate them and were do we get an education at? School I think if we made environmental science a graduation requirement we could educate our youth to be Eco friendly so I believe this should be a senior requirement witch would make science a requirement for all 4 years of high school I don’t care if this extra class makes us stay in school for an extra period weather it ends our school day later or makes us start school earlier I think this should happen I think environmental science should be a graduation requirement

• chavez josechavez jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would make students have to take science for 4 years environmental science would be a senior class requirement for graduation

About the SF Community InSight Project

Do you have ideas about ways San Francisco can be greener and healthier? Please share your thoughts about making San Francisco the most sustainable city anywhere.

You have ideas, SF Environment is listening. Join the conversation!

Feedback and Knowledge Base