Welcome to the SF Community InSight Project!

Share your ideas about how to make San Francisco greener & healthier.

How can we make your home or neighborhood greener and healthier?

environmental tax initiative

Dear, city of San Francisco

I believe the city of San Francisco California should tax all motor parts, all motor oils and fluids and all motor grease and lubricants bought and sold in San Francisco city limits. It would pay for the environmental effects from all motor vehicles it would pay for the city to plant more trees to clean the air it would pay for the city to clean the storm drains from motor oil pollution or any pollution and to clean the oceans,river,lakes and beaches by adding this tax it would just be extra money to pay for any environmental disasters so the city won’t be in the whole and use valuable money in case of a disaster. By doing this the city would be prepared to act fast and send resources to clean and fix a environmental disaster this money could pay for environmental scientist to study and clean our city up and it could pay and establish Environmental Conservation Police Officers which would be more jobs and help stop environmental problems by having a police force just on the environment.
this one tax could go along ways in making our great city greener

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    christopher Lascombeschristopher Lascombes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

About the SF Community InSight Project

Do you have ideas about ways San Francisco can be greener and healthier? Please share your thoughts about making San Francisco the most sustainable city anywhere.

You have ideas, SF Environment is listening. Join the conversation!

Feedback and Knowledge Base